Is it possible for a specialist of somesort to diagnose me through pictures and a description of my symptoms?

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Depends

There is no substitute for seeing you in person but many things may be understood with a good story and pictures.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Erik Shwarts
General Practice

In brief: Yes and No

Certain disease can be diagnosed by "good" pictures and a well taken history of the illness.
However, most symptoms fall under many different diseases and without further testing it would be difficult to be certain that it is the correct diagnosis. Most of the time a specialist will give you their best inclination of what the disease is based on what they see.

In brief: Yes and No

Erik Shwarts
Erik Shwarts
Answer assisted by Erik Shwarts, Medical Student
Dr. Zachariah George
Neurosurgery

In brief: Limited

A physical exam is an essential part of any diagnosis.
However it depends on the type of problem.

In brief: Limited

Dr. Zachariah George
Dr. Zachariah George