If a person wishes to stop smoking gradually, how many cigarettes should s/he smoke per day?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Depends
Start with the number your currently smoking and every 2-3 days leave another one off.
I would prefer to see you throw them away now as you are not addicted to tobacco leaf but to nicotine. Eliminate all of the pollutants by getting nicotine products and wean off of these. The most successful stoppers are those that throw out all ash trays and triggers to smoke essential oils are very helpful.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Albert Pizzo
I agree with Dr. Strickland. He did not have enough space in the answer to mention type of Essential Oil--Lavender, Pepperment, Citrus inhaled several times per day helps. You can obtain this at medacpc.com
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Addiction Medicine
In brief: See below
This won't work. As you reduce, your smoking behavior changes and you continue to extractas much nicotine and oother harmful chemicals.
Use other means.

In brief: See below
Use other means.
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Stuart Wasser
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine