Is it dangerous to take ecstasy when I am taking bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) antibiotics for a staff infection?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Yes, regardless

It is dangerous to take ecstacy period!

In brief: Yes, regardless

It is dangerous to take ecstacy period!
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. James Rotchford
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Hmm?

I am not aware of any established side effects of combining ecstasy and sulfa drugs.
In general mixing medications is not a good idea. Also if you have a staph infection it might be because your immune system isn't working well. Could this be from all the partying? It is reasonable that ecstasy is a controlled substance. Consider stopping it and all drugs and alcohol to see how you do.

In brief: Hmm?

Dr. James Rotchford
Dr. James Rotchford
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine