If someone has an addiction of some sort, is it ever appropriate to tell a friend about it?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: It Depends
I can tell that you're concerned, or you wouldn't have asked the question.
Have you told your friend of your concerns? He or she may not appreciate you sharing the issue and doing so, could cause resentment. It also depends on the nature of the addiction, like if you believe it could be life threatening. In that case, it may be better to involve family members who could be better able to help.

In brief: It Depends
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Asking help
Sharing our issues is an indirect way of asking for help.
We can always share how we feel. This comes from our heart. If we try to blame our problems on external situation is when we create conflicts.

In brief: Asking help
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine