Is long-term oxycodone (opana) use safer than long-term vicodin or norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) use, since the former contains no acetaminophen which harms the liver?

Possibly. Most medications are processed through your liver. Normally, a healthy liver will easily process and eliminate acetaminophen. However, if the liver is abnormal or exposed to excess amounts of acetaminophen, then severe harm could result. Remember that all opioids (opana, vicodin, etc) must be taken carefully under your physician's guidance.
Depends . Actually, Opana is oxymorphone, rather than oxycodone. Both come in preparations that have no tylenol (acetaminophen) in them, as do many other opioids (fentanyl, morphine). There is talk of a monotherapy extended release hydrocodone as well. If tylenol (acetaminophen) use is under 4 grams per day (short-term - 1-2 months) and under 2 grams per day for longer, there is little evidence of harm to liver or kidneys.