I have sharp pain under my tongue on left side . Pain usually last few second start under the tongue and goes to the ear. Very sharp and painfull?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Office visit

These types of symptoms\issues require a personal clinical evaluation by a dentist or physician in order to determine the cause which may be related or unrelated to each other.

In brief: Office visit

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Neuralgia

You are describing pain in the lingual nerve which is a branch of the main nerve to the lower jaw, the mandibular nerve.
This main nerve descends from the area of the ear down to the lower jaw. Sometimes an abscess on a loer posterior tooth can also cause this type of pain. See an endodontist for a proper diagnosis!

In brief: Neuralgia

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Vikram Patel