What do I when I have the flu and im taking prednisone what else can I take to speed up the healing process?

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See below

Prednisone is not used to treat the flu, but if you are already on it for awhile, you can't stop just because you have the flu.
If you are early into the course of the flu, you could take tamiflu (oseltamivir) which would need to be prescribed by your doctor. Zinc lozenges early in the course may shorten symptoms by a day.

In brief: See below

Dr. Tracy Lovell
Dr. Tracy Lovell
Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: See below

These symptoms could be serious and need to be thoroughly evaluated by your doctor.

In brief: See below

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology