I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and I want to quit. How can I do that without going to detoxification?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: You have made
The first essential step.
..Saying you want to quit. Nicotine is addicitive, and a two PPD habit means you have may receptors begging to be fed. You can cold turkey, but are likely to fail. Next step, cut down to 1 ppd. Perhaps then .5 ppd, and then set a date. Cantix, nicoderm, (nicotine patch) and gum available to help if you ask.

In brief: You have made
The first essential step.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: You can't
Detoxification is necessary for your body to heal and be well.
To reduce the impact of withdrawal symptoms you can wean yourself gradually by using nicotine products. I have good results using essential oils of lavender, orange and peppermint in combo which gives you something to do with your hands and the lavender is a powerful as Xanax (alprazolam) for calming. Email me through www.Medacpc.Com for more.

In brief: You can't
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine