I have been drinking for about four years. I am starting a new job. How can I stop being dependant on alcohol?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Alcoholics Anonymous

I would recommend you get to the local alcoholics anonymous so that you will have the support and experience of others that have kicked the habit and they can help you through it as well.
They will also know how to steer you to professional help where it is needed.

In brief: Alcoholics Anonymous

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Ravi Srivastava
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Addictionologist

It is great that you are contemplating quitting.
Educate yourself about the several recent advances in the treatment of alcoholism. Most of them can be dine on an outpatient basis with the help of an addictionologist. Go see one right away!

In brief: Addictionologist

Dr. Ravi Srivastava
Dr. Ravi Srivastava
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine