I had lumpectomy following breast ca then had chemo which i finished in october last yr is it too late for me to start rads now?

Dr. Dariush Vaziri
Breast Surgery

In brief: No

Please talk it over with your surgeon or your medical oncologist and ask for a referral to a radiation oncologist.
Since you have had a few month of gap please follow as soon as possible to get the proper treatment. Adding radiation therapy to lumpectomy significantly reduces recurrence rate and also has been shown to improve the survival rate in breast cancer patients.

In brief: No

Dr. Dariush Vaziri
Dr. Dariush Vaziri
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: No

I don't think it is too late.
However, you really need to start seeing the radiation oncologist now and have a further discussion about this and get the radiation started. There is no point to delay more on the therapy that you need. No more procrastination and make an appointment today.

In brief: No

I don't think it is too late.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Jane Van Dis