I have pain in my left ear , last night i noticed my left side of my jaw hurt. I just woke to a swollen side of face and neck. Do i need an er?

Dr. Monica Parker

In brief: No

You need to see a dentist.
What you are describing sounds very similar to the onset of a dental abcess. Do you have broken teth or cavities that have not been filled?

In brief: No

You need to see a dentist.
Dr. Monica Parker
Dr. Monica Parker
Dr. Odell Still

In brief: Could be....!

Sounds like a possible swollen (infected) lymph node.
Are you having any fever? I think a visit to your doc in the am would be very appropriate, but the er is appropriate if you can't be seen for several days. These types of infections can get quite severe if not addressed quickly!

In brief: Could be....!

Dr. Odell Still
Dr. Odell Still
Dr. Vicken Poochikian