I am suffering with kidney failure and on capd. I am also suffering with HCV and i had 5 months interferon treatment, but no response of injections. Any other treatment?

Dr. Alok Agrawal
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: See below

Genotype 1 of hcv is very resistant to treatment.
You cannot get Ribavirin as it cannot be used in dialysis patients. Assuming you got adequate dose of interferon and there is absolutely no response, there is no other treatment. If you had some response at least, then you may benefit from prolonged duration of treatment.

In brief: See below

Dr. Alok Agrawal
Dr. Alok Agrawal
Dr. Tony Ho
I'm sorry, you're wrong. Boceprevir can be used. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22799589
Dr. Ashu Syal
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: HCV infection

Did u get combination of Ribavirin + interferon? Hcv is tough to eradicate.
Usually 55-85% patients stay positive all their life. The goal of therapy, therefore, is preventing the complications related to disease ie hepatic cirrhosis etc. Therapy is geared towards different regimens for different viral genotypes. You seem to be slow responder or null responder. Prolong therapy- 72 weeks might he.

In brief: HCV infection

Dr. Ashu Syal
Dr. Ashu Syal
Dr. Tony Ho
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Talk to doc

Discuss with your infectious disease or hepatology doctor; if your hcv is genotype 1, you could be a candidate for treatment with one of the new protease inhibitors in combination with interferon/ribavirin, such as boceprevir.

In brief: Talk to doc

Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Adam Smith