I am breastf. A 4 mnth old, very depressed and anxiety, got a script for citalopram, scared to use for side effects, would tyrosine be benificial and safe for my baby? And what dose can I use if its safe?

Discuss. With a pharmacist about side-effect profile of these drugs. Category b drugs are safe for pregnancy & lactating moms. Category c drugs state that the benefits of the drug outweight the risk not sure about tyrosine. Check online also for more info. Sleep is very important to relieve your symptoms so be sure to have enough of it. Follow up with your dr. Get tested for thyroid disorder. Take care!
Breastfeeding & meds. According to a recent review http://www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/pubmed/22283766 citalopram, paroxetine and sertraline can be safely used during breastfeeding. Although the drug does get into breast milk, the babies have been doing well. There isn't this kind of data about tyrosine. If the medicine can help you feel better, you'll be able to take better care of your baby. Please talk w/your doctor.
Relatively safe med. This ssri falls into a low risk category for breast feeding infants. The vast majority of studies show little or no effect on a nursing infant. See hall t "medications and mothers milk, 15 ed., pp.247-248, 2012.