Im 16 and for as long as I can remember I have had trouble falling asleep. It takes me about an hour any tips?

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Lots of things

Establishing a good bedtime routine, going to bed and awakening at the same time 7 days a week all help.
Sleeping in a darkened room (with no television in the backround) helps. If you have already done these things, learning self hypnosis will help to fix this problem.

In brief: Lots of things

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Routine

Avoid stimulants such as caffeinated beverages throughout the day, avoid visual stimulation (tv, facebook, or video games) before retiring, avoid excessive physical exercise just before retiring, try to retire at the same time every night.
Use soothing background music (rain drops, waterfall, the surf) in a darkened room. & discuss with your doctor to be sure you do not have a sleep disorder.

In brief: Routine

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Good sleep hygeine is critical, avoiding tv/lights before bed, establishing a good bed time routine, avoiding all stimulants like caffeine, going to bed at the same time each night, etc. Being taught self hypnosis from a good hypnotherapist will also be of great help for you.
Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: No glow

By your bed. The glowy light in our phones, tablets, computers can make it hard for you to sleep.
No electronics or texting an hour before bedtime. Let your mind wind down. Listen to relaxing music. Wishing you easy sleep soon.

In brief: No glow

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep