My cardiologists is sending me to a nephrologist because of high creatnine . My physician says its nothin to worry about . Should i be worried ?

Dr. Ryan Cooley
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

I would be worried if my creatinine was elevated, implying kidney disease.
Why do you ave a pmd and a cardiologist at age 19? It implies you ave some other health issues. Go see a kidney specialist and get an answer.

Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Ehsan Ansari
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: How high

Is this the only time you had high creatinin, and how high it is.
A high creatinine reflects abnormal kidney function. Please review with your primary physician may need to repeat the blood testing. I am sure if need be he will send you to see a nephrologist.

In brief: How high

Dr. Ehsan Ansari
Dr. Ehsan Ansari
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith

In brief: High creatinine

Depends upon height of creatinine value.
A creatinine value of 1.3 or 1.4 or 1.5 may be normal in a muscular male. If you have foamy urine, then an evaluation for urine protein is essential. If your creatinine is above 1.5, then kidney impairment is present and this requires evaluation and specific treatment.

In brief: High creatinine

Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine