Why does my legs itch like poison ivy around my leg edema?

Lynphedema. Lymphedema is another possibility which is a chronic swelling of the lower leg due to inadequate return of lymph, found more commonly in obese individuals. Chronic problems.Can lead to itching , drainage of clear fluid, and ulcers. This needs to be evaluated and is treated with compression.
Stasis Dermatitis. When there is excessive swelling/edema in the lower legs from venous insufficiency (especially over time) the overlying skin becomes deprived of oxygen & nutrients and becomes damaged. The skin develops an itchy rash & can be prone to ulcers. If this is what you have then wearing the correct compression stockings & treatment with topical steroids will help. See your doctor for evaluation.