Can I have fibroids removed through laparoscopic surgery?

Absolutely. Fibroids can be removed via laparoscopically, with robotic-assist, or through an open incision. However, this is a skill that only the top gyne laparoscopists possess. Do your research before signing up for this procedure.
Yes. It depends on their size, location within the uterus, skill and experience of the surgeon, and availability of the right kind of instrumentation and surgical assistant (s). Other factors include whether you have had previous surgery, obesity, and it is also important to factor in whether future fertility is important. If pregnancy is not desired, it can be considerably safer to do a hysterectomy.
Yes. Fibroid removal, in some cases, can be done laparoscopically. Ability to do this will depend on the location of the fibroid, prior surgical history, position of the uterus, & availability of a skilled laproscopic gynecologist. One of the nation's leaders in laparoscopic gynecology, traveling to many teaching institutions across the country teaching this, is located in ca. Message me for more info.
Yes. Laparoscopic myomectomy requires a certain skill set with the laparoscope. It could be very rewarding when done appropriately and a lot less invasive then the traditional open approach.
Yes. Of course, this depends on the size & possibly location. Robotic surgery has made this feasible without an open abdominal incision in many cases. Find a gyn surgeon with that skill.
Yes. Under most conditions, fibroids can be removed with th laparscope. The robotic assisted procedures give the surgeon a real advantage in the repair of the uterus.
Yes. I remove fibroids all the time through robotic laparoscopy. That is much better for removing the fibroids that traditional laparoscopy. In fact that is really becoming the standard of care for most fibroid surgeries now.
Yes. Well trained laparoscopic surgeons will be able to perform myomectomies with minimally invasive techniques. Another instrument called a morcelator would be used to remove the fibroid in small pieces through a fairly small 14 mm incision. Brignonimd. Com.
Absolutely! Robotic-assisted or laparoscopic surgery are optimal ways to remove most symptomatic fibroids. In experienced hands the surgery is almost as fast as open surgery with far less pain, recovery time and risk for bleeding, fever, or infection. It is a win- win for the patient and doctor in many ways.