I am up to 45-67.5mg of lortab in an addictive way. Is Suboxone a legitimate option or should I look for an alternative?

Dr. Paulo Negro Jr

In brief: Suboxone is helpful

Suboxone (buprenorphine + naloxone) will decrease cravings for opiates and the risk of relapse.
It is very helpful to treat withdrawal from opiates. Don't buy it in the street or get it from a friend. Suboxone will only work when you are truly engaged in recovery from addiction. You can go to www.Naabt.Org for physicians who prescribe suboxone.

In brief: Suboxone is helpful

Dr. Paulo Negro Jr
Dr. Paulo Negro Jr
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: For Opiate Addiction

Suboxone contains Buprenorphine plus a short acting opiate blocker called naloxone.
Buprenorphine is a semi-synthetic partial opiate agonist. That means, it has very unique properties compared with other opiates like hydrocodone and oxycodone. Suboxone can take away the cravings for opiates so the addict can work on figuring out why he or she takes opiates in the first place. Suboxone saves lives.

In brief: For Opiate Addiction

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Karl Spector
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Absolutely!

Suboxone is fda approved for just your situation.
Just remember, despite what you hear from others, suboxone is not necessarily easier to detox or taper off of than any other opiate. Suboxone is for the maintenance of opiate addiction--most of my patients stay on it indefinitely. Even though i know you don't want to, it is a better option than to keep relapsing over and over and over!

In brief: Absolutely!

Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Karl Spector
Dr. Vikram Patel