Will a cystoscopy with bladder stretching and tissue biopsy include testing for candida fungi and Lyme spirochetes in bladder? I have both conditions

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Discuss with doctor

The individual performing endoscopy is the person to discuss the nature of the testing they plan to perform. I am not aware of anybody who examines for the presence of spirochaetes in the bladder, although if you insist upon this there are specialty labs which may perform this.
It is not by any means a standard test, nor is it likely to be of any benefit in the management of your condition.

In brief: Discuss with doctor

Dr. Peter Kurzweil