Have uti. Doc prescribed antibiotics. I feel like i'm getting worse! can doc just admit me into hospital and let them give me antibiotics?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Probably

Admission for IV antibiotics is advisable in cases of fever, loin pain, and vomiting.
These symptoms denote pyelonephritis i.e. Kidney infection. Also, some infections do not respond but to a few antibiotics that may not be available in pill form. Otherwise, check with your doc to see if your culture results are out and suggestive of change of course of therapy. You may just need a change of antbx.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham