Quit smoking 4 days ago and am now coughing, is this normal? Wheezing at night and chest tightness in the morning stopped the first day I quit.

Yes. It is quite common for cough and wheezing to increase after smoking cessation. The hair cells that line the resp. Tract wake up and start working, moving all the junk that you have accumulated in your airways. This can go on for several weeks, but tends to improve within a month. Stick with it! take adequate fluids to allow your lungs to liquify the mucus and get it out. Try support groups.