What can I do if my baby has a spot on it's heart?

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Need more detail

Sorry to hear that.
I imagine you must be very concerned! do you mean a spot or a hole in his heart. It depends on what effect it has on the heart's function.

In brief: Need more detail

Sorry to hear that.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Dr. Amy Herold

In brief: Genetic screening

A "focus" or spot on the heart is relatively common and usually insignificant.
It can be a marker for down syndrome though, so if a spot is seen you will usually be offered follow-up testing for genetic problems. This is usually done through a more intensive ultrasound to look for other more conclusive markers of down syndrome, but also through blood testing or amniocentesis.

In brief: Genetic screening

Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Shontae Buffington