My child each year become infected with beta-hemolytic streptococcus, how can you immunize?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Not Yet

There is currently no vaccine avalable, although research is progressing.
Only antibiotic therapy is available for proper treatment

In brief: Not Yet

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: No vaccine

We wish there were one but unfortunately there isn't.
Has your child been tested for a carrier state? There are some people who carry this bacteria normally. Have him tested sometime when he is not having symptoms to make sure he is actually negative during those times and each positive test actually represents an infection.

In brief: No vaccine

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: No immunization

Beta hemolytic strep is the cause of the common "strep throat".
To my knowledge, there is no immunization against this bacteria. It is treated with antibiotics. Of concern is if you have the strain responsible for rheumatic fever or certain kidney disease called post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis. If concerned, talk with your pcp, an infectious disease doctor or an ENT physician.

In brief: No immunization

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: Can't

There is no immunization that is effective against beta hemolytic strep.

In brief: Can't

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni