Is rad the same as asthma? I went to an allergist/immunologist and rad was his diagnosis. I only got to see him for brief time and forgot to ask him..

RAD or not. Reactive airway disease is the old terminology for asthma. It is usually used when your symptoms are intermittent, meaning you don't have shortness of breath, chest tightness more than twice a week or you don't have breathing problem at night.
Sometimes... Sometimes the terms reactive airway disease (rad) and asthma are used interchangeably. However, they're not necessarily the same thing. Reactive airway disease is a general term that doesn't indicate a specific diagnosis. It may be used to describe a history of coughing, wheezing or shortness of breath of unknown cause. These signs and symptoms may or may not be caused by asthma.