I have severe neck pain from an accident. Mri showed 3 discs involved in june 2012. The pain is a lot worse now. Should I have another mri?

Dr. Brian Struyk
Anesthesiology

If your pain is worsening significantly, you should get a follow up MRI to determine what, if anything, has changed.
Depending on the results, additional treatment options may be available to you now. Good luck.

Dr. Brian Struyk
Dr. Brian Struyk
Dr. Zachariah George
Neurosurgery

In brief: Not always

You should call your doctor. If you only have worsening neck pain then doing another image so close to your previous image may not change the management, however of you are having new neurological symptoms then repeat imaging is necessary.
Please ask your doctor. Hope you feel better!

In brief: Not always

Dr. Zachariah George
Dr. Zachariah George
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine