My 9 month olds doctor prescribed lariam to her and since i gave her the pill she wakes up at night cry non stop which she doesn't do before?

In brief: Seek alternative

At 9 mo the kid falls into a group where the manufacturer states they don't know if it will work to prevent malaria.
(any kid under 40 lb) Given the manufacturers comment and the child's response to the medication, I would stop it and find something else.

In brief: Seek alternative

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Lariam side-effects

Is she taking it to prevent or treat malaria? The most frequently reported side effects with Lariam include nausea, vomiting (most common), diarrhea, dizziness, loss of balance, difficulty sleeping, and bad dreams.
Splitting the total therapeutic dose into 2 doses taken 6 to 8 hours apart may reduce the occurrence or severity of adverse effects.

In brief: Lariam side-effects

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Jane Van Dis