I am drinking Zoloft (sertraline) for depression. When I drinked alcohol, my heart started beating irregularly. What could that mean?

Drinking Zoloft (sertraline)? You're drinking zoloft (sertraline)? What does that mean? How much are you drinking? If you are drinking, the zoloft (sertraline) won't help with depression. Alcohol causes depression. Please discuss your symptoms with your prescribing physician while being completely open and honest about your alcohol consumption.
Zoloft (sertraline) & Alcohol. Drinking alcohol while on zoloft (sertraline) or any other CNS active medication is not recommended. Also in post-marketing studies, some people on zoloft (sertraline) experienced heart palpitations and chest pain. Please discuss this with your physician.