My pharmacist told me to take generic Yaz (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) sunday after my period ended. Is this ok? 

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Consult w/ your doc

Generally, we advise women who are starting birth control pill for the 1st time to either start a pack on the day of your period, or on the first sunday after your period starts.
The end of your period is not important in starting the pills. Consult with your doctor for his or her recommendations. Also use alternative methods of birth control during your first month with the birth control pills.

In brief: Consult w/ your doc

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Interesting

Your post is missing some important information.
Have you been properly evaluated by your doc to see if any such pills are appropriate? Do you have a relative who had a blood clot problem under age 50 ? Were vital signs taken and a chart created? I would expect a pharmacist to know the value of generics vs brand & how meds are used but few that would risk loosing a license by practicing medicine.

In brief: Interesting

Dr. Adam Levy