I'm 28 weeks and was told I have a generous amount of amniotic fluid. Is this common? I read up on it and it was pretty concerning. Help please

Dr. Chevies Newman

In brief: You need an amount

Most with some elevated fluid do not have an issue; if elevated real high you will probobly get referred to a specialist but there is a number called an amniotic fluid index that will guide the severity.
Polyhydramnios (light fluid) is considered over about 20 but need more specifics from your dr. Saying generous is non specific and leads you googling, worried and focused on downside. Gd luc.

In brief: You need an amount

Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Chevies Newman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham