Ankel weights want to use them when i work out. Are 2lb good to use or 5lb ? Don't want to hurt myself

In brief: Ankle weights

are a great addition to exercising.
I recommend starting with the smallest weights and increasing reps with proper technique and moving up in weight slowly. Stay hydrated, stretch and be careful to not overdo!

In brief: Ankle weights

are a great addition to exercising.
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop

In brief: If you don't want

To hurt yourself, don't use ankle weights.
If you bought them already, hold them in your hands when you work out. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea to someone, but they just put an inordinate amount of stress on tissues that should not be handling the extra stress. Too many injuries with ankle weights!

In brief: If you don't want

Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine