I'm on a low fibre diet for a few weeks after a diverticulitis attack still have running poo is this ok. I still on antibiotics?

Dr. Allen Kamrava
Surgery - Colorectal

It is ok. You colon is still reacting and recovering from inflammation.
This is a common finding. Things, however, to be careful for. It should not be worsening. No fevers/chills. If the runny stool is pure water, that is concerning. If it is so much that it can dehydrate you, that is concerning. Overall, if it is not slowly improving, see your doctor. If worse at any point, see your doctor.

Dr. Allen Kamrava
Dr. Allen Kamrava

In brief: Poo you

Although diarrhea maybe normal the fact that you are on antibiotics might be the cause of you diarrhea .
Reccomend mentioning the diarrhea to your doctor and may need stool sent for analysis.

In brief: Poo you

Dr. Alexander Barkan
Dr. Alexander Barkan
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery