Doc thinks i hve osteoporosis in my right knee from the MRI all my cartilage is gone due to arthritis do I hve to hve a knee replacement ?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

I see you are 32 years having osteoporosis on the knee reflect to me you are not using your knee properly? Why you cartilage is gone must be a reason for that? Ask the doctor? As far the knee replacement unless you have sever arthritis i would not recommended it.

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Richard Ramos
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Osteoarthritis

You mean osteoarthritis.
A knee replacement is just one treatment option for arthritis of the knee. Other options include pt, oral medications, injections (steroids or hyaluronic acid). Make sure that you are using proper shoes and weight loss is the best treatment to prevent surgical interventions.

In brief: Osteoarthritis

You mean osteoarthritis.
Dr. Richard Ramos
Dr. Richard Ramos
Dr. Marsha Davis