Is cranial sacral work beneficial?

David Escobar

In brief: The Right Practioner

In the U.S. Cranial-sacral work is usually performed by massage or physical therapists.
This is different from osteopathy in the cranial field (ocf), which is practiced by physicians (do's, md's & dentists). There have been no peer-reviewed studies that evaluate the effectiveness of either cranial-sacral or ocf at the population level. However, there is anecdotal evidence for ocf effectiveness.

In brief: The Right Practioner

David Escobar
David Escobar
Answer assisted by David Escobar, Medical Student
David Escobar
There are some research studies available for viewing on the Cranial Academy's website: http://www.cranialacademy.com/
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal

In brief: NO IDEA

I have no idea what it is.

In brief: NO IDEA

I have no idea what it is.
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal