I have pain in the back of my neck, it comes and goes for the last week. It radiates to my jaw and shoulders and the front. What could be causeing it?

Dr. Joseph Hermann

In brief: Seek medical help

Although the symptoms you describe could be a simple muscular problem, they could also be caused by heart disease.
Women especially have heart symptoms that present with atypical symptoms of pain in the back or neck as opposed to the front of the chest. I suggest you see your family doctor and investigate this further.

In brief: Seek medical help

Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management

In brief: Neck pain

The neck pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement .
.. The treatment depends on the cause of your pain i recommend you seeking help from a pain management doctor. You might benefit from a comprehensive evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Neck pain

Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Marsha Davis