Is it legal / acceptable to pay to meet a psychiatric on a starbucks for a consultation? I am currently without insurance.

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Unprofessional

Meeting at a starbucks would not provide you the clinical privacy needed to discuss your problem thoroughly.
Give yourself the full benefit of treatment. Low cost options are available through mental health centers. Another option for you could be medical schools with outpatient clinics which train psychiatric residents. These doctors work with supervision, and you can get good help there.

In brief: Unprofessional

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Jeffrey Ng

In brief: Documentation is req

Documentation and waiving the right for privacy is the only thing that is required i believe.
There is no law against meeting at a starbucks!

In brief: Documentation is req

Dr. Jeffrey Ng
Dr. Jeffrey Ng
Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Legal, maybe, acceptable, no. If a patient is requesting my services as a professional physician, it will be done in what is in my opinion the proper circumstance, which is only in my office. If they are seeking my opinion, that is it.