For how long have dentists known that lead ingestion causes caries/cavities?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Facts?

To my knowledge, there has never been any association or suggestion that lead ingestion causes dental caries.
Tooth decay occurs when foods containing carbohydrates (sugars and starches) are left on the teeth. Bacteria that live in the mouth digest these foods, turning them into acids. The acids in plaque dissolve the enamel surface of the teeth, creating holes in the teeth called cavities.

In brief: Facts?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Nishan Odabashian
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: ??

I think that you may have your information mixed up.
Lead ingestion long term can lead to some types of mutations in the body cells which may lead to cancers. One can't say that with lead ingestion, a tooth cavity or caries is that person's biggest concerns.

In brief: ??

Dr. Nishan Odabashian
Dr. Nishan Odabashian
Dr. Keegan Duchicela