My mom takes coumadin, (warfarin) . Is it safe for her to take centrum cardio vitamins (with plant phytols) to help lower her cholesterol?

Dr. Kathleen Cullen

I truly believe that high antioxidant levels in the blood is the key to fight disease states.
Although vitamin k can counteract the affects of coumadin, (warfarin) i would much rather have my patients eat whole foods like fruits and veggies and take a slightly higher dose of Coumadin (warfarin) than deny themselves these potent antioxidants. A diet rich in especially berries can raise HDL (good cholesterol).

Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Kathleen Cullen
Dr. Gloria Fong

Just have her inr rechecked after being on any new supplements to make sure it does not interact with her coumadin (warfarin).

Dr. Gloria Fong
Dr. Gloria Fong
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal

In brief: Check vitamin k

Check for vitamin k in vitamins that can interfere with Coumadin (warfarin) effect.

In brief: Check vitamin k

Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
Dr. Umesh Patel