What are some things to put in my shoe so that my bunion will hurt when it rubs against my shoe?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many options.

Some conservative management options include the use of bunion toe spacers, bunion shields, and orthoces.
Make sure that your shoes are wide enough for your foot type.

In brief: Many options.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Frank Kase
Podiatry

In brief: Foot inserts

Adding a otc arch support can sometimes relieve the pain of a bunion rubbing against a shoe.
Also a silicone gel bunion pad may be effective. The best non -surgical way to possibly reduce bunion pain in a shoe is a properly made functional foot orthotic device.

In brief: Foot inserts

Dr. Frank Kase
Dr. Frank Kase
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Why not try

A wider shoe in the forefoot region? Or surgical correction? Do you really want to bother putting all those pads and cushions in the shoes all the time?

In brief: Why not try

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery