What are some treatments for spider veins?

Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Spider veins on the legs are best treated by sclerotherapy either liquid or foam. I prefer polidocanol as my treatment of choice.
The limiting factor to treat spider veins is their size. If they are too small for the needle then a topical laser or micro needle radio frequency device may be used. On the face, i apply a similar approach or often a combination of both.

In brief: Sclerotherapy

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Depends

The only thing that really works for spider veins on the legs is sclerotherapy.
It is generally far more effective than laser. Spider veins on the face can be treated with laser, rf thermo/photocoagulation, and sclerotherapy.-depending on the experience of the treating doctor.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Treat spider veins

Two common treatments are to heat and close them instantaneously with a tiny laser blast or (a little more lasting---still they can come back at times) is to inject them with a tiny needle with a substance designed to irritate the vessel lining.
Once it's irritated a compressive stocking helps hold the two irritated walls against each other hoping they will scar shut and no longer be visible.

In brief: Treat spider veins

Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Kevin Nolan
Dr. Kevin Nolan
The spider veins we were discussing above would not include those in an eye; only skin spider veins.