Can I be disgnosed with fibromalygia even that I don't have the other symptoms but chronic back pain?

Aaron Stupple
General Practice
In brief: No
No, typically fibromyalgia requires certain elements in order to be diagnosed.
All to often it becomes a diagnosis where you are labelled without clear signs or symptoms. Understandably this is a clinical entity that we don't understand all that well but having chronic low back pain is not typically by itself consistent with fibromyalgia.

In brief: No
Aaron Stupple
Aaron Stupple
Answer assisted by Aaron Stupple, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Vasu Brown
Hi - I am sorry. Chronic body ache is a sign of excess oxidative stress acidic body type. I will post the youtube video I did on this topic - If you alkalize your body and take supplements to improve glutathione levels in your body the pain will go away - Test your urine or salive pH and made sure this stays between 6.4-7.0 either with vit d3 supplements or aloe drinks. take NAC for glutathione
Dr. Sathish Modugu
Pain Management
In brief: Not likely
If your only symptoms is back pain, the cause of the back pain shoud be looked into with examination and tests like a mri.
This will likey reveal the cause of your back pain. Fibromyalgia presenting with only back pain is unlikely.

In brief: Not likely
Dr. Sathish Modugu
Dr. Sathish Modugu
Dr. Jane Van Dis