I think I have bruxism and i can't open my mouth properly. What can I do to treat it?

Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Specialists

You should see two specialists right away in this order: Oral Surgeon to evaluate the opening issue, Prosthodontist for bruxism. They may work as a team, and may add others to the team as needed for your best care.
Good Luck.

In brief: Specialists

Good Luck.
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Expert

The bruxism and the opening may be 2 separate problems, or related.
See an oral surgeon first. If you jaw is locked, you may need jaw manipulation. For the bruxism, see a TMJ expert for management.

In brief: Expert

Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: See your doctor

This problem can only be solved by seeing your doctor and being evaluated face-to-face.
After a thorough examination, your doctor should be able to tell you what's wrong and what to do about it.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See OFP specialist

Orofacial Pain practitioners are dedicated exclusively to the treatment of orofacial pain and TMJ and bruxism disorders.
Find a doctor close to where you live or work.

In brief: See OFP specialist

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: See a TMJ/TMD Dr.

Someone may grind their teeth for a number of reasons.
Often, the problem occurs because the muscles of the face and jaw are trying to get the teeth in a comfortable position. The muscles may be in spasm, you may have a tmj/tmd problem, stress, infection. Best to see a dentist asap. Often thew cause is difficult to determine, so may have to treat the symptoms with a mouthpiece.

In brief: See a TMJ/TMD Dr.

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dr. William Forsythe