Now. I can move my foot and toes, but it's hard to and my toes are numb. Does that mean I broke or sprained my ankle?

Maybe. You didn't mention any injury, trauma or pain, just difficulty moving your numb toes. Based upon that little bit of info, it's best to go see family doc for an evaluation. Numbness might be due to poor circulation, nerve damage or not enough vitamin b12, etc. Diabetes can also cause numbness, too. Stroke can make it difficult to move body parts. Given all these possibilities, it's time to see doc.