Saw cardiologist who said no heart failure, BP stable. He said only take lisinopril 5, crestor (rosuvastatin). Is that good? I'm 90. My friends take lots of pills.

Dr. Kathy Robinson
In brief: That is very good
If you are 90 years old and only taking two pills that is excellent.
Lisinopril is a great drug that lowers blood pressure, protects the kidney and may help prevent strokes. Crestor (rosuvastatin) is also a great medication for lowering cholesterol. You need to have periodic blood tests when you are on those drugs but i'm sure your doctors are doing those. Live long & laugh much.

In brief: That is very good
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Allen Fein
I recommend to most of my patients to add a multiple vitamin pill, and also a Vitamin D pill, both are inexpensive. Most people test low (below 40) for Vit, D, and many are below 30. We simply do not get enough sunshine or Vit D in our food to keep the level up in our blood. Vit D may help many medical conditions, such as diabetes and depression, and also be important for heart health.
Dr. Michael Borookhim
In brief: If you were just
Started on Crestor (rosuvastatin) at the age of 90 i would reconsider. Statins are used to reduce the risks of strokes and heart attacks and to reduce the progression of disease, but their benefits, take years to derive.
Unless your risks are very high or if your expected life span is more than a few years, i don't believe you would derive much benefit and you can potentially experience unwanted side effects.

In brief: If you were just
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Michael Borookhim
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology