If I have a staph UTI should I still start my BCG treatments?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
In brief: No
Bcg treatments are usually used for the treatment of bladder cancer, but not for staph uti.
Staph infection is treated with antibiotics. Bcg is a vaccine and plays no rôle in treating staph.

In brief: No
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. George Klauber
Presumably BCG was advised as treatment of bladder cancer or carcinoma in situ, which is also cancerous.. Treat the UTI and then go for your BCG treatment which is administered directly into the bladder.
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Treat UTI first
Best to treat the UTI first.
Two weeks later should be fine to start bcg, however always best to consult with your own urologist first. You will probably get similar advice there. Good luck.

In brief: Treat UTI first
Best to treat the UTI first.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Simon Kimm
An active urinary tract infection is a reason to abort BCG therapy in the bladder. Dr. Klauber is correct, the staph UTI should be treated first, then intravesical BCG performed once the urine is clear of infection and/or blood.
Dr. Adam Levy