Is it common for women to have asymmetric breasts?

Yes. Asymmetry is almost universally present in all aspects of our body from side to side. It can range from minimal differences to large discrepancies. The breasts are no exception. Most breasts will have some difference from side to side. As plastic surgeons, we often say that they are sisters, but not twins.
Yes. Human being are very commonly asymmetric. If you take your facial picture , split it in the middle and than duplicate each half into a full face, you will not recognize youself. Breast asymmetry goes from mild to full blown poland syndrom where one breast might be missing. Surgery can help in achieving symmetry with implants, breast reduction or breast lift .