What is latest age for good results from first facelift? Is it worth the risk then?

None. Overall health and personal expectations are better indicators than age alone. There seems to be a greater trend toward having facelifts earlier in life than waiting until you are older. Depending on the the particular aging problems, it may be reasonable to address these with less risky types of facelift that provide dramatic results nonetheless.
FACELIFT AGE LIMIT? This is a questions that cannot be answered based on age. A person's face and skin needs to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can make this assessment. If you have the interest, get 2 opinions. Make sure you see that physician's before and after pictures. There may be non surgical methods as well that can improve your skin.
No Limits! If you are in good health then you may be a candidate for a facelift. The results will depend on your anatomy and the quality of your skin. Ancillary procedures may help to augment a lift and also improve skin quality at the same time. Make sure you have realistic expectations and discuss the predicted outcome with your surgeon. Options exist for anesthesia so be informed about that as well.
Any age. You can have a facelift at any age if you are in good health. While there are always risks involved with surgery and anesthesia, these are usually minimal in a person in good health, so go for it!
No easy answer. There is no easy answer to this. It is an inverse relationship. The older you are then more work needs to be done. The younger you are the less work needs to be done. All other things being equal, a great facelift on a 90 year old will never look as good as a modest facelift in a 45 yearl old. Then there is everything else in between the two extremes!
No limits! If you are in good health then you may be a candidate for a facelift. The results will depend on your anatomy and the quality of your skin. Ancillary procedures may help to augment a lift and also improve skin quality at the same time. Make sure you have realistic expectations and discuss the predicted outcome with your surgeon. Options exist for anesthesia so be informed about that as well.
Latest Lift Age. The latest age for a lift depends on the patient's health. The oldest patient I performed a first time facelift on was 85. She had a family history of longevity and was in great health. She was able to feel so much better about her appearance.
No age limit. There is not age cutoff for facelift benefits. Primary facelift is done from age 40 to 90+, with extremely food results at all ages. It just depends on your state of health and your expectations. Whether it is worth the risk depends on how valuable the desired changes are to you.
Too Old for Facelift. As long as you are in good health it is not the chronological age but the physiological age that determines if you are "too old". I have done facelifts on several women in their 80's with great results. The risk is dependent mostly on other medical conditions present at the time of surgery.
Great result any age. My youngest patient was 38, my oldest 89 and they both had great results. The difference is that the technique used was entirely different in these two patients. Choose an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon who has the technical ability to customize the surgery to your aging pattern and you will be thrilled. Risks for a facelift are minimal.
Health not age. Good Afternoon! Age is not a contraindication to cosmetic surgery- general health is. I have 80 year olds in my practice that can run circles around most 50 year olds and have done exceedingly well with cosmetic facial surgery. As far as "waiting too long" until I have cosmetic facial surgery, improvements can be made at any age as long as general good health is there. I hope this helps.
Health is important! Age is only a number. The most important factor in order to consider a patient as a candidate for surgery is the overall health of that patient. If you keep yourself healthy, we can keep you looking young through the years. Consult with your Facial Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation. Hope this helps!
45 to 65. however, anatomy and skin quality are more important than age. I just did a facelift on a 79 year old with excellent skin and health. She looks 69.
"worth it" usually! Risks of facelift depend on your overall health. The oldest person I lifted was a young 92 year-old! Good results can be obtained at all ages based on your overall health. Visit a facial plastic surgeon to see what results are possible for you, and good luck!
No definite limit. I have done a facelift on an 85 year-old. As a general rule, the older the patient, the shorter will be the benefit from a facelift because of loss of skin elasticity. I think there is minimum benefit from a facelift in most people before the age of 40. Also, the people we see with unnatural results from facelifts generally have had too many procedures, not necessarily bad ones.
General health. The key factor is one's overall state of health. Age is not the deciding factor. Medica clearance should generally be obtained prior to any such surgery.
Skin gets thinner. As we age, our skin gets thinner. So a facelift on someone who is 80 or 90 is more challenging. It can be done but not quite as robustly. Most people get a first facelift in their 50s to 60s. Sometimes earlier.
No specific limit. Agree fully with dr. Pollard. But it is generally agreed that the older one is when he/she has a facelift, the longevity of the results will be less. I tell my patients over 70 and those with inelastic skin that their facelift may only last for a year or so. If they choose to proceed and they need a tightening after a year, I will do this without a surgeon's fee.
Universal facelift. "a rose is a rose is a rose" ignores each flower's uniqueness. Often patients present with a desire to "have the same thing done as my friend mary." they fail to realize that we are all made just a little, or a lot differently. Some have more fat, skin, sag, tan, wrinkles, muscle laxity, etc. Than others. This calls for the plastic surgeon to have experience with many different styles of facelift.
Only relative limits. It is worthwhile to review dr. Pollard's comments with which I agree. My youngest patient for facelift was 34yoa with a severe congenital facial asymmetry & my oldest "1st timer" was 82yoa. Both were in good health for their age & both did well. By the way, neither of them smoked or used other tobacco products which reduce blood flow to tissues & risk tissue loss.
Age for facelift. There is no specific age to have a facelift. Truly it depends on the patient's individual anatomy and surgical goals. Have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon to determine what procedure is best for you.
Health not age. It is best to evaluate a patient for a facelift in regard to their physiologic age or how healthy they are. Individuals across the age spectrum may have a facelift if the are in good shape.
Depends. If you are healthy and your medical doctor clears you after evaluation and testing there is no real age limit for facelift. See a surgeon to discuss your options!
Depends. Chronological age is less important than current health status. Certainly facial rejuvenation surgery is commonly performed on individual in their early to mid 80's but it can also be done safely even into the 90's. Risk can be reduced with appropriate anesthesia and procedure choices.