What to do about my abscessed tooth/gum?

See a dentist. Abscessed teeth are teeth with infections, that if left untreated can spread and may cause serious complications, and may even be life threatening. Please see a dentist as soon as possible for treatment.
See dentist. People have died from tooth infections that got out of hand. Nothing good will come from procrastinating and allowing the abscess to become larger. Some infections can quiet down and become chronic but that doesn't mean they went away. They usually become painful and cause swelling at 2am on a saturday night when there are no dental offices open.