Is it possible to have crossed bottom teeth straightened if someone is in their sixties?

Dr. Debra Haselton
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

I have many adult patients over the age of 45 who get braces in order to fix their teeth! generally they have raised a family, put children through college and weddings and finally have the time and money to take care of their own dental needs!

Dr. Debra Haselton
Dr. Debra Haselton
Dr. David Schleimer
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Yes!

Tooth movement is possible at any age, if healthy enough.
Contrary to what has been stated, they move just as fast as a young persons teeth once something called the "lag phase" is finished. I will not bore you with the biology, but at any age, stem cells differentiate into bone builders (osteoblasts) and bone breakers (osteoclasts), after lag phase is done, 60 year old teeth move fine!

In brief: Yes!

Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. David Schleimer
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Absolutely !

I frequently refer patients in their 50's and 60's to the orthodontist.
Takes a little longer sometimes, but very worth it. Go for it !

In brief: Absolutely !

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Absolutely

As long as your teeth are healthy, and the supporting tissues (gum and bone) are healthy, age is not an impediment to tooth movement.
Almost a full third of all orthodontic patients today are adults.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Ronald Achong
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Sure

With a great orthodontist, this is possible.
Consult an orthodontist.

In brief: Sure

Consult an orthodontist.
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. Ronald Achong
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Possibly

Seeking an opinion from your licensed orthodontic specialist would be the best way to determine how your teeth can be improved.
There may be a number of different options for treatment possible. 60s, 70s, 80s - teeth can be moved; the metabolism is slower with age, so tooth movement may be just slightly slower, but it's done all the time.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. S. Jay Bowman
Dr. Stephen Carter
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Healthy teeth (with healthy gums) will move at any age.
They will probably move slower the older you are because your body's basic physiology tends to slow along with aging.

Dr. Stephen Carter
Dr. Stephen Carter
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dentistry - Cosmetic

There's no age limitation in correcting the occlusion (bite).
Goodluck!

Goodluck!
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Felicia Mata
Dr. Keegan Duchicela