How can I get folic acid during pregnancy?

Prenatal vitamins. The recommended amount which is 1 mg (1, 000 mcg) is hard to get via diet. A good prenatal has other nutrients that are helpful. Look for a vitamin without dyes. If you don't respond well to regular Folic Acid try methyl folate (folic acid). Methyl cobalamine is the best form of b-12.
Supplements. Most prenatal vitamins have Folic Acid in them. You can take additional folate (folic acid) supplements found in the pharmacy or health food store. It is also found in breakfast cereals, enriched breads, orange juice and veggies for dietary sources.