Got a composite resin filling replaced with a ceramic and now it's really sensitive. What can I do?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: OTC and DDS

Take some otc pain medication such as advil, motrin, aleve or tylenol (acetaminophen) and avoid very cold and hot foods and liquids for awhile.
Also call your dentist for advice and whether it warrants your dentist seeing you to evaluate the situation.

In brief: OTC and DDS

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Oleg Borshch
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: ...

Ceramic inlays very often can cause sensitivity when biting.
I almost never use ceramic material for inlays: laboratory processed composite ( such as cristobal, or belle glass) is an infinitely better choice. Anyway, you obviously should see the dentist who placed that inlay, and have him (her) correct the situation. Good luck!

In brief: ...

Dr. Oleg Borshch
Dr. Oleg Borshch
Dr. Mark Pack